The circular economy
Oroel, as the main Spanish manufacturer of protective clothing, has decided to take a further step in our commitment to protect and equip people with comfortable, functional, long-lasting and stylish clothes and equipment. In increasing this commitment, we want to show a lasting respect for the environment and aim for a better and more sustainable world.
Oroel closes the circle in our design and manufacture of safety clothing within the parameters of the circular economy and, at the same time, retaining the core values of know-how, flexibility and competitiveness.
After 40 years as protective clothing industry leader and backed by our sustainable growth and market vision of future sector needs, we have created ECOROEL for both our customers and the safety clothing industry. ECOROEL was set up as our vehicle of responsible, sustainable management and operates under the following parameters:
- Reduction of contaminants in the design phase with thought given to the product’s environmental impact throughout its life cycle.
- Increase in product lifespan. Reuse. Repair. Maintenance.
- Increase in recovery and recycling, reducing the use of new raw materials.
- Efficient use of natural resources, avoiding and reducing the use of non-renewable resources.
- For 40 years we have been pioneers and market leaders in achieving certifications for technical clothing, getting ISO 9000 Quality Certification and developing a rental service for our products. Today, we can now be recognized as the first protective clothes manufacturer to implement a strategic Circular Economy plan with the following four cornerstones:
Sustainability Objectives 2021-2025
Promote recycled fibre textiles over standard ones.
The renting and servicing of safety wear, lengthening their lifespan and generating less residues and waste using a lower quantity of water and chemicals.
Reduction in detergent use
safety products serviced by Oroel
Reduction in residues
Reduction in water consumption
use in the lifespan of the product
Servicing of 10,000 workers’ safety clothes
PAY BY USE
OUT OF STOCK
SPECIAL LAUNDRY WASH (HYGIENE ASSURED)
Produce safety clothing from recycled fibres of used clothing, giving our customers the possibility of retiring obsolete clothing and incorporating materials from the old clothes in new products. Zero Residues Certificate from AENOR