Work clothes > Welder’s Clothing
Check out the information on welder’s clothing we have collected to make your choice easier.
Recommended reading on welders’ clothing
The importance of welder’s clothing
Have you ever wondered what clothing a welder should wear?
It is very important that welder’s work clothes are adapted to the conditions of the body and the welding tasks to be performed in order to allow optimal freedom of movement and make the job easier for workers.
Welding jackets and welding clothing are personal protective equipment (PPE) intended to protect workers from small metal splashes and heat, through the use of flame-resistant and thermally insulating welder’s clothing.
It is essential to protect with welder’s clothing to avoid the adverse flame-retardant hazards of welding, and that the application of welder’s protective clothing application is required.
Why use welding clothing?
Welding clothing is essential in tasks related to welding, because workers in the industrial sector that perform these tasks are exposed to risks that only clothing for arc welding can protect.
Regarding the welder’s clothing we have in the catalog of Oroel Protective Apparel, you can find and buy a welder’s shirt, welder’s shirt, different types of welder’s pants and flame retardant clothing for welders.
Welding clothing requirements
Welding clothing must meet a number of requirements to be considered welding clothing. That’s why at Oroel we use and adapt the production standards of all our welder’s workwear and welder’s flame retardant clothing to maximize welding safety for workers.
First of all, any type of welder’s clothing, whether it is a welder’s shirt, welder’s shirt, welder’s coveralls or welder’s pants, must have limited flame spread in the event of ignition.
Another strength of any welding clothing is that it must be resistant to small particles of molten metal, which should not pose any risk to the worker in case of contact with such clothing.
On the other hand, welders’ clothing and welder’s clothing must meet a series of design specifications in order to be perfectly adapted to possible splashes of sparks or flux metal. Some of these specifications are as follows:
- A flame retardant welding jacket must be long enough to cover the upper part of the welding pants and must have adjustable closures to completely block the passage of heat or fire.
- The bottoms of a pair of welder’s pants should be straight and without any folds to avoid the risks associated with welding.
- Welder’s clothing such as overalls or welding overalls should incorporate heat-sealed pockets for easy access to tools and small machinery.
- Welding clothing should also have metal outer closures to protect against sparks, heat and flame.
As we have mentioned before, in our welder’s workwear catalog you can find the following welder’s protective clothing products:
Multi-pocket welder’s coverall.
As the first of the welder’s clothing items that you will find at Oroel we have the welder’s coveralls. The overalls for welders that you can find in Oroel act as a welder’s coverall, but looser, these items cover the full figure of a worker, minus the head and feet, being very useful as clothing for arc welding or as welder’s fireproof clothing, as they cover the body of the worker completely, offering maximum protection.
Intended for leg protection. The material of the flame retardant welder’s pants is predominantly cotton (99%). This type of welding clothing will protect the entire lower body of the worker.
A flameproof jacket or flameproof welder’s jacket extends its protection from the neck area to the waist. It is advisable to use other types of welder’s clothing to accompany this type of garment as it is possible that the heat or strong flame may affect its use. Some of the garments that are recommended to be worn together are welder’s shirts or a welder’s camisole.
Welder’s shirts provide economical welding protection against spatter and sparks produced during welding work.
It is true that a welder’s shirt is much more useful and easier to put on than a welder’s shirt, but it is still recommended for use with other welder’s clothing, such as welder’s coveralls or a flame retardant welder’s jacket.
We have the welding shirts you are looking for, just contact us.
Protective clothing for welders in individual protection standards.
Work clothing for welders must comply with European standards as well as comply with occupational safety in terms of measures according to the type of welding you are doing. Therefore, our team is updated to update our catalog of equipment and welder’s clothing online in which the following items are included:
- Welder’s clothing, reviewed and complying with EN 11611 on welding protective work clothing, to reduce potential hazards where there is a risk of burns, welder’s pants with small pockets on the front and back, as well as welder’s pants with hems, should be avoided.
- Safety helmets as one of the key elements of welding work clothing that protects against injuries from falling or cuts from sharp objects.
- Welding safety boots, meeting all required standards to minimize the factors that can lead to injury from falling objects or welding sparks.
- Welder’s gloves that meet the appropriate European standards for use as welder’s work clothing. Seams should be on the inside to avoid particle retention.
- Welder’s safety goggles, which must comply with the corresponding European standards with their filters for welding and individual eye protection.
- Welding masks, welding glasses and welding goggles are types of equipment that prevent injuries from sparks and spatter and are of great importance in welders’ protective clothing.
- Welder’s apron as a complement for better protection against cuts, sparks and spatter. Another must-have in welding clothing.
How to choose protective clothing for welders?
Welder’s workwear is necessary equipment when working in welding to avoid the greatest number of hazards. Seeing how welder’s work clothes allow for greater performance with greater safety results in fewer incidents each year.
We hope you have no doubts about what welding safety clothing a welder should wear for welding work. If not, please do not hesitate to contact us for any type of consultation or information.
Perform your welding work with a wide catalog of protective clothing for welders with all current standards.
Oroel, leading manufacturer of protective clothing in Spain.
Contact us +34 976 149 260 if you do not find what you are looking for.
Showing all 4 results
You can find out more about welder’s clothing below.
When it comes to choosing the best protective clothing for welders, many questions may arise. Here are some of the most common ones: